DND35EPIC - Mythical Prelude, the Fall of Cecai

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

CecaiGuardian
Kobold

DND35EPIC - Mythical Prelude, the Fall of Cecai

Post by CecaiGuardian »

Hello, all! First off, I'd like to thank the RPTools team for allowing this campaign to kick off. I was recommended maptools by a friend of mine three months ago, and have been running the campaign since. This is a 3.5 D&D Epic Campaign using lmarkus's framework with two other players. Maptools has been a lifesaver, and possibly the only reason that I'm still sane while running this crazy campaign. I realize that this is a work in progress, as I encountered a few errors during the course of these 3 months (one of them has been fixed by aliasmask, thanks for the mod fix!), and a few network errors starting up (probably due to my router).
I was unable to use UPNP during the 1.3b87 stage, and I had not the faintest idea how to enable it for my router, but I was able to port forward it just fine. I might try again now that I upgraded to 1.3b89. There had been some issues with one of my other players with an unstable connection, but it hasn't been a problem during the most recent session.
I am still new to maptools, and a novice at macro scripting, but I'm learning. My other players aren't nearly as tech-savvy as I am, so they are not able to create their own macros for their unique characters. The macros provided by the framework save so much calculation time for both the npcs and the players, condensing what potentially could be several minutes of calculations for a single attack into a few seconds of clicking, and keeping track of characters has never been easier. I'm using the pathfinder statblock token for my 3.5 campaign, though I am unsure of how best to adapt the statblock to make a more accurate input. It does work very well for monsters from the monster manual v, which I have used (and pumped up their stats accordingly to challenge my players). The exp calculator seems broken for PCs above level 20, even though I've added the appropriate values to the exp table...
There are a few macros that I want to write for my players as well, especially since one of them is a factotum and one is a wizard/incantatrix.
again, thank you, rptools team, for allowing this campaign to happen!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: DND35EPIC - Mythical Prelude, the Fall of Cecai

Post by lmarkus001 »

CecaiGuardian wrote:...

The exp calculator seems broken for PCs above level 20, even though I've added the appropriate values to the exp table...

The table should extend. Did you remember to extend levels 1-20 in the table? If you make 40 levels, then there need to be 40 rows (1 to 40) and each row needs 40 columns (comma separated). So row 1 and 2 would look like (extending to level 40):

Code: Select all

300,600,900,1350,1800,2700,3600,5400,7200,10800,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
300,600,900,1350,1800,2700,3600,5400,7200,10800,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

CecaiGuardian
Kobold

Re: DND35EPIC - Mythical Prelude, the Fall of Cecai

Post by CecaiGuardian »

Yes, I've listened to your advice extended the tables (a while ago). Late thanks!

Oh, apparently, one of my players is hosting a live stream thing-a-ma-jig. Our sessions are done every Monday starting at 7-9 pm central time.
Current version is maptools b90 beta. Seems quite stable; will put maptools, my router, and my computer to the test with the upcoming dungeon(?). Previous experiences were not-so-good, quite laggy during the fog of war movement. This was done in b89, though, so b90 may just be better. Not sure what other information I should provide regarding the lag times, though.

The party has just defeated the abomination of flames inside a volcano, and now heading to the next direction. Miroy, the City of Paladins is the next destination; after hearing about an artifact being uncovered.

http://www.twitch.tv/awkwardgturtle

Again, I'm not the one hosting it; I'm the DM.

Return to “Session Report-Back”