Ayronis' Rise of the Runelords

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

Ayronis
Kobold

Re: Ayronis' Rise of the Runelords

Post by Ayronis »

For anyone who is curious, we are still hammering away at this. (2.5+ years later)

I have accumulated a ton of experience with Maptool, Tokentool, and Inittool, and depend on them to run my games. When we reach the end of the AP, I will probably post a full review of the entire campaign with a specific focus on how RPTools made our game possible. Unfortunately, I am too busy to do anything like this before then, which will probably not be for another year or so.

I figured I'd bump this for any other RotRL players out there so they know they are not alone. This campaign lives, I just don't have time to report on it much.

nimrod
Kobold

Post by nimrod »

Hi Ayronis,

I'm just beginning the same odysey. Would it be out of order to ask if your sand point "burnt offering" maptools maps are available, or whether you would rather not make them available?

Either way, is cool, but I thought I should ask

Kind regards

Matt Redding

Jazlizard
Kobold

Post by Jazlizard »

I'll actually be starting this in about a month or so also. Would be interested in how things turned out for you. As well as if you have any resources you found that may come in handy for future DM's who run this campaign.

Look forward to the update!

Ayronis
Kobold

Post by Ayronis »

nimrod wrote:Hi Ayronis,

I'm just beginning the same odysey. Would it be out of order to ask if your sand point "burnt offering" maptools maps are available, or whether you would rather not make them available?

Kind regards

Matt Redding
Jazlizard wrote:I'll actually be starting this in about a month or so also. Would be interested in how things turned out for you. As well as if you have any resources you found that may come in handy for future DM's who run this campaign.

Please check your PMs gentlemen. Good luck!

nimrod
Kobold

Post by nimrod »

Thanks Ayronis -- I can't PM yet, but thanks for the great info.

SHame about the format change, but the other stuff is great!

Kind regards,

Matt
Ayronis wrote:

Kind regards

Matt Redding
Jazlizard wrote:I'll actually be starting this in about a month or so also. Would be interested in how things turned out for you. As well as if you have any resources you found that may come in handy for future DM's who run this campaign.

Nelviticus
Kobold

Post by Nelviticus »

Hi there, my friends & I just started this series this evening in a face-to-face session. It's now the morning after the attack and they're exploring Sandpoint. We're very impressed with it, it's the most RPG fun we've had in a long time.

I really wish I'd had the time to create a map for this in MapTool as you just don't get the feeling of being in a town when you use a battlemat. We ran a session in a different campaign last year where we used MapTool running on a laptop with a second monitor lying flat on its back as the battlemat and it was fantastic.

If you could PM me your maps or point me to somewhere I could download them I'd be very, very grateful!

Regards

Nelviticus

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

I have a campaign file with Burnt Offerings with somewhat Pathfinder RPG updates on the Monster Manual monsters. I also have a couple maps of the second book, but I didn't reset the starting positions of the monsters.

PM me if you're interested in a link to the file.

IMarv

greenlanternmike
Kobold

Post by greenlanternmike »

Ayronis wrote:

Kind regards

Matt Redding

I am unable to send PMs currently, but I have just started running a Rise of the Runelords campaign and any resources people are willing to share with me would be an excellent addition to the game.

stinger
Kobold

Post by stinger »

Hi,

I'm not able to sent PM for now, but I really want to have your work on Rise of the Runelord for Maptool.
I've started a campaign with Photoshop and a projector and I want to use Maptool instead of Photoshop.

Thanks

Return to “Session Report-Back”