Against the Orcs

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I've uploaded some of the screen shots to the gallery. You can start here
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/RP ... 3.png.html
and 'next' your way through the battle.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

We continued the battle today using b29 since b28 wouldn't load on the player screen for some reason. All seemed to work well except I couldn't get a token edit window to come up.

The orcs finally managed to start doing some damage after trudging through the mud for most of the game. Some have gotten inside the palisade and more are climbing over every turn.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

That is such an amazing number of combatants
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dochogan
Cave Troll

Re: Against the orcs

Post by dochogan »

trevor wrote:If you'd be willing, I'd love it if you made a time-lapse video of your mass battle next session, check out desktopexporter if you are interested:

http://rptools.net/tools/dexporter-0.2.jar
Sorry to necro this thread as my first post, but dexporter is no longer available via the /tools directory.

Trevor, can you re-up it, or can someone else attach it to a post?

Thanks!

Also...RPTroll...any chance of you getting back into the SW/MT introductory sessions again? I'm coming from a loooooong break from RPG, and would like to find a way back...MT and SW seem like a great way to do so.

---

Doc Hogan

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: Against the Orcs

Post by RPTroll »

I can do an intro again. Is there a preference of genres? I'm currently in Space Pulp but have a hankering for fantasy as well. If you want Space Pulp I can further refine my Undead Nazi Horror from Outer Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace scenario (which I promise to publish someday. no really)
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

dochogan
Cave Troll

Post by dochogan »

Very cool to hear you're up for it!

As far as genre, personally I'd be satisfied with anything, as my goals are to figure out MT and to get started with Savage Worlds play. That said, SciFi has never been my first choice in RP (not that it's ever really come up with past groups), but I'd be willing to give it a go. If you're wanting to jump to Fantasy, I'm most familiar with the genre. I've also been a bit intrigued lately by the Deadlands setting, but have no familiarity with RPing in the genre.

So...anything, really. Again, main goals are intro to MT and SaWo...everything else is icing ;)

Off-topic...made a bad mistake swinging into my local game shop this evening. Wanted to see if they planned on having any SaWo demos anytime soon, and to check out what minis they had in stock; I had forgotten today was WotC PH3(!) release day...the store was RIDICULOUS. Not quite as ridiculous having a 3-volume PH, but close :/ Good on them, though...they've only been open for right at 2 weeks, and they're packed almost every night.
---

Doc Hogan

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Yeah and that's one of the reasons I gave up on my beloved DnD. I've fought many a flame wars over it but IMO its a system designed for a new generation and I'm a little too old school to want to learn it. I'm still blown away by 3 freakin' players handbooks.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Fantasy demo game coming up. Check out this post for details.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13881

Return to “Session Report-Back”