Pangea, 3.5 AD&D

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

Darcphaze
Cave Troll

Re: Pangea, 3.5 AD&D

Post by Darcphaze »

End of another year. Gotta love these games.

Players are still working in the abyssal Labyrinth (and will be for the upcoming year), generally meeting new Abyssal Fiendish Lice Swarms, Glabrezu, Babaus and other demonic inhabitants thereof.

While there have been maps on the side, most of them are combat maps, which means they're lean and undecorative and no one would really want to peruse them for use or other things like that there, but if anyone really wants to see, maybe I'll put up Area 27, which was fun to run and generally a challenge for the 14th average level party, where swarms almost did them in.

New Year should bring lots of insanity. They'll still be in the Abyss in the Labyrinth but as they're in training to 15th now, they'll go into those higher levels as they wind their way through. Marilith are a real possibility, particularly when they find that prison they're looking for (and yes there is a map for that).

Happy New Years folks. And thanks!
No matter what a GM plans for, the players are certain to find another way to do it

Darcphaze
Cave Troll

Post by Darcphaze »

Just so folks know, all files regarding this campaign have moved to a new website but are there in their entirety.

http://www.gamerzpit.com/darcphaze/Pangea/Pangea.htm

I have changed most links in this topic since folks follow this the most. The Labyrinth portion can be found here:

http://www.gamerzpit.com/darcphaze/Pangea/labyrinth.htm
No matter what a GM plans for, the players are certain to find another way to do it

Darcphaze
Cave Troll

Post by Darcphaze »

Darcphaze wrote:Alrighty then, our intrepid adventurers have moved on to the next quest. They're searching the Abyss Labyrinth for several things listed on the top of the page. I had to move the entire quest to this page, as it's certainly not going to get smaller. This particular map was oodles of fun to put together, as simple as it may or may not be, it is entirely done on RP Maptool because (survey says) I couldn't make it on another program and still get the clean zooming I get with maptool.
I received an email asking why I put this particular campaign info on the web. #1, we only play every two weeks and I don't expect my players to remember everything they should. #2 Believe it or not, there are vital clues to finishing their quests in those modest area descriptions. The players don't need them now, but they will eventually. #3 One of the players' character is a scholar. My website in many ways are his notes. #4 If a single campaign that I run helps other GMs run their campaigns, then posting on the internet was a better idea than I thought.

I hope that answers the questions. Feel free to use anything found on my website.

Darcphaze
Cave Troll

Post by Darcphaze »

The Pangea campaign has ended. The heros were great heros and the most recent postings are on the Labyrinth page. And great fun was had by all!

The Pangea Campaign will be removed from the website on 2/9/11. Folks are welcome to cannibalize anything you see.

The new campaign is going to be Underdark based. Once again RP Maptools will be there.

For those that wonder about such things, we started this campaign January 12, 2008 and ran 65 sessions, mostly every two weeks. If I hadn't broken my leg, we would have finished sooner, but such is life. I so love the program. It did everything I needed it to do.

Return to “Session Report-Back”