MapTool at PAX Prime 2010

See an article about any RPTools tool ? Post it here !

Moderator: Azhrei

grimjack2600
Kobold

MapTool at PAX Prime 2010

Post by grimjack2600 »

Just a quick couple of images showing our setup running MapTool at PAX Seattle this year.

The table is the Locus from Geek Chic with Mesa Mundi Inc. screen technology inside. We're working together to create interactive gaming surfaces (I'm with Mesa Mundi).

MapTool is my preferred method of collaborative play for RPG's. The maps in this post and the Gencon post are all generated using Skeleton Key Games E-Adventure Tiles and are used for DND 3.5 games I've been running the last couple of years.

The Miniatures in the images below are tagged with either paper or fiducial markers for demonstration purposes. At this point, the build of MapTool being shown is stock. This means that the application isn't truly multitouch, but it does allow for finger (or other trackable object) interaction. Unfortunately the image shown doesn't show the fun lighting going on in this map. But there are about 4 different lighting events occurring in addition to a few characters/creatures with dark vision.
Attachments
P1040234_resize.JPG
P1040234_resize.JPG (118.03 KiB) Viewed 14141 times
P1040236_resize.JPG
P1040236_resize.JPG (117 KiB) Viewed 14141 times

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MapTool at PAX Prime 2010

Post by Azhrei »

Cool! Thanks for the pics!

That's the kind of game table I would have liked a few years ago when I was still running a f2f game. Although I'd want more of a "table", meaning a surface for books and paper.

Still, it looks very sharp and I'm sure you got lots of oohs and ahhs over it, huh?

(Btw, if and when you want to talk about multitouch input for MT let me know. I'd be happy to help out with that.)

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

I dont even have a cup holder in my car! lol
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

I have some friends moving back into town in the next two years and once we can get a group together I'm sure we'll try to do something like this. Hopefully there will be some neat tutorials/explanations by then, but in the mean time I can drool over the pictures

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

wolph42 wrote:that thing has a cup holder.... :shock:
Beer holder surely? :D

Anyway count me as green with envy!

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Jagged wrote:Beer holder surely? :D
More like Mountain Dew holder, amirite? :D

And yeah, I think that table is the bee's knees and the cat's pajamas. It both Rocks and Rules.

Mook
Cave Troll

Post by Mook »

Awesome. Guess I better start saving m'pennies!

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Yes, you can have a mountain dew, just go get it!

eRaz0r
Cave Troll

Post by eRaz0r »

Any chance the maptools expansions you did to support TUIO will be merged back into the community?
I was working on some basic Multi-touch for maptools, but it looks like you're much further along than I got before real life interposed.

Return to “RPTools Sightings”