MapTool on Playsurface Kickstarter and YouTube

See an article about any RPTools tool ? Post it here !

Moderator: Azhrei

Playsurface
Kobold

MapTool on Playsurface Kickstarter and YouTube

Post by Playsurface »

The Playsurface kickstarter is almost funded, and we made this movie to show its application to RPG's using MapTool!
http://youtu.be/cSfxZTMwTJA
Any help spreading the word about our kickstarter is appreciated! http://kck.st/JPgTG9

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool on Playsurface Kickstarter and YouTube

Post by Jagged »

That was cool. I kept want to stop and go, "can you do this?"

For example when they were using the measurement tool to count movement distances they were doing it in pure straight line. I wanted to know if there was a way to "press the space bar" and do a corner.

Still it was very impressive to see such nice touch control working on MapTools.

*runs away to check bank balance*

Oh :(

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Jagged wrote:For example when they were using the measurement tool to count movement distances they were doing it in pure straight line. I wanted to know if there was a way to "press the space bar" and do a corner.
since this was the emulation of a mouse click and hold I would say: yes.

And indeed Ubercewl!! ,i already use a beamer for MT but this would be a very nice add-on

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

wolph42 wrote:since this was the emulation of a mouse click and hold I would say: yes.
Does that mean you'd have to do it with the actual space bar of a keyboard or there a way to do movement turns just using the mouse?

Either way I am sold. Seriously considering making a contribution. Its a shame the deadline is Wednesday :(

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Jagged wrote:
wolph42 wrote:since this was the emulation of a mouse click and hold I would say: yes.
Does that mean you'd have to do it with the actual space bar of a keyboard or there a way to do movement turns just using the mouse?

Either way I am sold. Seriously considering making a contribution. Its a shame the deadline is Wednesday :(
the actual spacebar. The workings of MT haven't changed for this cool-tool, so MT still expects a left or right mouse click and a pressed spacebar, the cool-tool however emulates the right mouse click by 'touch and hold (and don't move)' and the left mouse click and drag by 'touch and drag' (at least that's my assumption). Unless they build in a 'press spacebar' emulation in their cool-tool MT will still require an actual space bar being pressed during move (preferably one that's actually connected to the pc that runs the MT instance) in order to execute that command.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

wolph42 wrote:the cool-tool however emulates the right mouse click by 'touch and hold (and don't move)' and the left mouse click and drag by 'touch and drag' (at least that's my assumption).
Actually, it was quick but I think I saw a finger-down-plus-second-finger-tap to emulate the right-click. It could be that it's a separate gesture being performed at the same time as another one, but it seems difficult to tell.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Maybe when 1.4 comes along we can manage the movement just with the mouse? :mrgreen:

Left click and drag, combined with right click to tether.

aku
Dragon

Post by aku »

Jagged wrote:Maybe when 1.4 comes along we can manage the movement just with the mouse? :mrgreen:

I dont think this would work, because right click is currently dragging the map. I might be wrong, and you MIGHT be able to recognize a hold & click separate from hold & hold events...

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

aku wrote:
Jagged wrote:Maybe when 1.4 comes along we can manage the movement just with the mouse? :mrgreen:

I dont think this would work, because right click is currently dragging the map. I might be wrong, and you MIGHT be able to recognize a hold & click separate from hold & hold events...
Right click is (almost) always in context of something. So the above suggestion it would be in context of dragging a token.

However there are probably easier ways to re-jig the process to make it suitable/easy for touch surfaces ;)

aku
Dragon

Post by aku »

Jagged wrote:
aku wrote:

Right click is (almost) always in context of something. So the above suggestion it would be in context of dragging a token.

However there are probably easier ways to re-jig the process to make it suitable/easy for touch surfaces ;)
Right, but currently, while dragging a token, right click and hold drags the map underneath you. I'm just not certain if java/MT can differentiate between a click, and a click and hold

Return to “RPTools Sightings”