How to load a form created on Abeille

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Boerg
Kobold

How to load a form created on Abeille

Post by Boerg »

I know this is probably a stupid question... but I created a basic form template using Abeille and it looks like it automatically saves the form as a jfrm file. I then loaded the newest chartool and found that I have no idea how to load the form. Open just wants token files, so I am now under the impression that the form needs to be in a game setting to use it. Is this true? or am I missing something really obvious? Thanks for your time.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: How to load a form created on Abeille

Post by jfrazierjr »

Boerg wrote:I know this is probably a stupid question... but I created a basic form template using Abeille and it looks like it automatically saves the form as a jfrm file. I then loaded the newest chartool and found that I have no idea how to load the form. Open just wants token files, so I am now under the impression that the form needs to be in a game setting to use it. Is this true? or am I missing something really obvious? Thanks for your time.
I don't have time to check into it right now, but I seem to remember Jay saying that there was a gamesettingtool exe or something like that in the download zip file of CT. <shrug>
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

All forms go in the game settings file. That is where CT looks for them. See the adopters threads for how to create yourself one.

Boerg
Kobold

Post by Boerg »

Ok at least it wasn't an incredibly stupid question. It went a little over my head for now so I am just going to stick with pen and paper. I'll probably retry in another few months to figure it out but what I am looking for can be done relatively easily on excel anyways. Thanks for the response.

Return to “CharacterTool”