Call for Volunteers

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Kyouhen
Kobold

Re: Call for Volunteers

Post by Kyouhen »

Azhrei wrote:If it would help to have a subforum, let me know.

I'm thinking that it might be good to have your work included on the forums as a backup, if no other reason. But I don't want to force any structure on you -- it's your project.
Extra backups are always a good idea. Let's go for it.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Okay, I've created subforums for each of the game systems that looked like someone was volunteering to take on the project. If you don't like the description I assigned for your subforum, let me know and I'll change it -- just give me some idea of what you want it to say. I don't expect that the descriptions will need to change, but it's very likely that I grouped too many together or spread them out too thin. I've only played D&D 3.x and PF recently, so I'm not familiar with the other game systems.

Speaking of the PF rules, I probably won't do a separate subforum for that one as it's really just 3.5E albeit with some significant changes. We'll see how it works out.

If these subforums work out and the volunteers have some staying power, we can assign moderators for the subforums so that someone familiar with the project can assign stickies and such. Bt we'll start with baby steps. ;)

If you're a volunteer and you think some thread should be moved into your subforum, PM me with a link to the thread and which subforum you think it should be in. I'll review the thread and if it seems appropriate, I'll move it. But I'm going to review all of the CharTool threads looking for things to move!

wacko76
Cave Troll

Post by wacko76 »

Eh, hi guys.

I just "rediscovered" this thread here. I would love to have a setting for my RPG system, but I really need help with that.

My other post still stands (http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7585), I am utterly incapable of creating the XML files myself. I need someone to tell me exactly WHAT to do WHERE in those files.

Although I am looking for help with IT, since the files are the same, CT help should do the trick, too.

jay asked initially in this thread for volunteers, and said no knowledge of any sort :oops: would be required. Now, I suppose that he already has enough stuff to do, so if someone could take his place, that would be awesome.

Thanks

Quartaroy
Cave Troll

Post by Quartaroy »

Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy wasn't mentioned, and although I haven't seen a whole lot of demand for such a framework, I have received messages regarding the current state and progress of mine.

I have grand experience in several web languages, a limited amount of VBScript and Javascript and a huge interest in all others. I understand how programming works, but it comes down to being fluent in those languages.

If there's ever a greater demand for Dark Heresy, I'll gladly volunteer my knowledge expertise. My framework is still in the working, but soon I hope to have it playable for both my campaign and anyone else who would like to host their own. Feedback is always a necessity and most appreciated in these endeavors.

dfvalkyrie
Kobold

Post by dfvalkyrie »

If there's any interest in Earthdawn, I'd be willing to help out with it. If I'm not mistaken, the system isn't too different from Shadowrun considering it's the same world, only a different timeframe.

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

The rules and systems for Earthdawn and Shadowrun have absolutely nothing in common.

The "Same world" thing is more like an easter egg and has zero relevance on either game.

Warcry
Kobold

Post by Warcry »

Greetings, and well met.

I'm completely new to RPTools. I've been playing OpenRPG for..... a long time :lol: . I'm teaching myself coding, but it's a touch and go process.

I have to say, right off the bat, that what I have seen so far is absolutely AWESOME. I love it! My hats off to all of the folks who have done such great work so far.

That said, I would like to offer my services as a tester. I am familiar with a number of different systems, and as a former software QA grunt, I know how to bend, and break, software. Ruthlessly. :D

The systems that I am really interested in are Hero, SR4e, D&D4e, and Star Wars SAGA. However, I will gladly put my talents to work on any of the systems to support such great software.

Tony West
aka Warcry

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Warcry wrote:The systems that I am really interested in are Hero, SR4e, D&D4e, and Star Wars SAGA. However, I will gladly put my talents to work on any of the systems to support such great software.
Welcome and to get you started I will direct your attention to this thread: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9100
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

dfvalkyrie
Kobold

Post by dfvalkyrie »

Either way, I have the books for all versions of Earthdawn.

Monk
Kobold

Post by Monk »

If no one else is doing HARP: High Adventure Role Playing, give me time to understand the process and I can certainly try and cook something up here in the next couple of months.

sandres316
Kobold

Post by sandres316 »

would really love to get some DH support. Any progress on this?

Return to “CharacterTool”