LFR New Player Guide

Please put your "Looking for Group" posts and announcements in here if they apply to a "Living" campaign.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Oronir

Forum rules
When posting in these forums, please put the Game system and Version in your thread title. Non-conforming posts are subject to deletion.
mfrizzell
Dragon

Re: LFR New Player Guide

Post by mfrizzell »

Where do you actually get the modules to run? I went to an index site and for some of the mods it told me where to get them but not all. Is there a repository for the mods somewhere.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Elden
Giant

Post by Elden »

mfrizzell wrote:Where do you actually get the modules to run? I went to an index site and for some of the mods it told me where to get them but not all. Is there a repository for the mods somewhere.
http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/9335 ... aring.html
** MapTool LFR event calender ** RPGA# 141049581 ** Skype: Eldenx **
** If I don't mention something specific, I vote appropriate, except when the other players are citizens of the land of cheeze Image, then I vote high **

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

Elden wrote:
mfrizzell wrote:Where do you actually get the modules to run? I went to an index site and for some of the mods it told me where to get them but not all. Is there a repository for the mods somewhere.
http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/9335 ... aring.html
Benn there got those but what i meant was like the pdf of the module itself unless people have built it into the campaigns.
Characters:
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

Eltherian
Cave Troll

Post by Eltherian »

You have to sanction them from Wizards of the Coast. In order to sanction private events you have to pass the DMing test.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dc ... on/welcome
RPGA Number 9213730119 

Eltherian
Fardiz
Hinjugar
Hyrn
Vistira

Vote high when appropriate.

emperor799
Cave Troll

Post by emperor799 »

By the way, these were mentioned elsewhere, but for the sake of an info compendium:

A New Direction for LFR - HUGE, MAJOR CHANGES - PLEASE READ!

where to comment

And the new CCG is out and takes effect June 22nd, see the link in the first post.
Campaign File Headquarters - Please share your Living and Retail campaign files to make it easier for others to DM! - discussion here

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

Eltherian wrote:You have to sanction them from Wizards of the Coast. In order to sanction private events you have to pass the DMing test.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dc ... on/welcome
Thanks I'll look into this asap.
Characters:

zheron
Kobold

Post by zheron »

It's not very intuitive but you actually have to sanction your event FIRST then you get the link to download the materials for the module. Which is a shame if you wanted to actually read up on the module and browse a few before deciding which you might want to run. There is however a decent listing of the LFR modules and descriptions if you google 'List of LFR modules', but of course that just gives a broad overview.
Characters:
Thorfin Stormhammer - 9 Dwarven Avenger (Granite War Machine)
Delroth Blackbow - 8 Elven Ranger (Legion)
Shava - 3 Elven Seeker (Legion)
Rodmennar - 2 Wilden Shaman (Legion)
RPGA# 2223757224 - Herald GM
I Vote Party Appropriate

Goldfishmind
Kobold

Post by Goldfishmind »

Or do what I do and order a handful, download them, then cancel the game day.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

emperor799
Cave Troll

Post by emperor799 »

zheron wrote:It's not very intuitive but you actually have to sanction your event FIRST then you get the link to download the materials for the module. Which is a shame if you wanted to actually read up on the module and browse a few before deciding which you might want to run. There is however a decent listing of the LFR modules and descriptions if you google 'List of LFR modules', but of course that just gives a broad overview.
This place has the summaries in one place along with player and DM reviews http://gamerclubhouse.com/Module.aspx
Goldfishmind wrote:Or do what I do and order a handful, download them, then cancel the game day.
Beware that that kind of thing can get your account flagged and your ability to sanction events removed.
Campaign File Headquarters - Please share your Living and Retail campaign files to make it easier for others to DM! - discussion here

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

OK, I followed the link and signed up for WPN, but I didn't see anything about a test. Or are you guys yanking my chain on that. :D
Characters:

Darklord
Cave Troll

Post by Darklord »

mfrizzell wrote:OK, I followed the link and signed up for WPN, but I didn't see anything about a test. Or are you guys yanking my chain on that. :D
Nope once you sign in, go to the judge centre, it has loads of info there about how t go about it. :-)

You can freely use the D&D compendium/rulebooks etc.

Daniel.
I vote High!

RPGA: 1206508765; Skype: Danny.darklord

Optimise = Fan of Roleplay!

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

whoo hoo, I passed the test and it let me sanction an event. Now what the heck do I do? :D
Characters:

mr0bunghole
Cave Troll

Post by mr0bunghole »

mfrizzell wrote:whoo hoo, I passed the test and it let me sanction an event. Now what the heck do I do? :D
Once you sanction the event you should be able to download the module from the My Events page. Then you run the module, collect the players' RPGA numbers, answer relevent survey questions, then report the event in the Event Reporting page.

misskaly
Kobold

Post by misskaly »

Just an interesting tidbit that I thought was worth sharing. This is from WotC when I sent an email about DMing for private games.
We want to let you know about a recent change to our online event system. Due to this change, home-only organizers will not be able to request DCI/RPGA membership cards online. To host new players in your home events, they will first need to obtain a membership card from WPN location or WPN-supported convention. To find a nearby WPN location, please use our Store and Event locator at http://ww2.wizards.com/StoreAndEventLocator.

We're also changing the DM Rewards Program; these changes will be announced later this month.
RPGA#: 5223846385
Skype id: misskaly
Character: Shanariel (H1 Eladrin Seeker)
In an Adventuring Company with Azoth (Zolduran) and Velok (Killersquirelz).

Psybuster
Kobold

Post by Psybuster »

Yeah it's kind of lame. I think Xalcairn still has a stack of DCI membership cards for now though.
DCI: 6214-107-884
It's LFR, baby!
Fir {Paladin 4} - The Clueless Wanderer
Malfis {Avenger 8} - The Monk in Disguise

Return to “"Living" Campaigns”