More option at Token Bar (MapTool)

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

HUGO753
Kobold

More option at Token Bar (MapTool)

Post by HUGO753 »

Hello everyone, i have a suggestion as follow:

When I was messin in MapTool, I saw token bar could have a configuration to choose between percentage and numbers, and those numbers can be like: Health 53 / 165 (53 is the current number "{0}" and the 165 is the total "{1}")
After set those numbers the bar would refresh every time when the current number is changed and compare with the total.
That would help to use the bars and easily set up other bar rather than only drag the percentage up.

Many thanks. :)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: More option at Token Bar (MapTool)

Post by aliasmask »

Do you mean having setBar("name",percent) saving a max value and then using a current value instead of a percent to change the bar?

Code: Select all

<!-- normal method -->
[H: setBar("myBar",current/max)]

<!-- new method -->
[H: setBarMax("name",max)]
[H: setBar("name",current)]
???

HUGO753
Kobold

Post by HUGO753 »

aliasmask wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:37 pm
Do you mean having setBar("name",percent) saving a max value and then using a current value instead of a percent to change the bar?

Code: Select all

<!-- normal method -->
[H: setBar("myBar",current/max)]

<!-- new method -->
[H: setBarMax("name",max)]
[H: setBar("name",current)]
???
Yes, exactly aliasmask :D

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You can put in a feature request here: https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/issues

But, to me it seems a bit superfluous and I don't really see the advantage of doing it a different way. If you really want to do it that way, you could create your own UDFs. This is something I've done in the past to handle simple math formulas that I didn't want to keep typing in.

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”