The Deck Tool

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

trevor wrote:
Full Bleed wrote:It will be another nice first for MT. :)
That's fuel for the fire, baby !
OK, got the data model to support any number of images .... now have to figure out how to make the designation in the UI. Hmmmmm.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

So who's gonna host a poker night...? ;)

This does look cool and useful! :)
Game On!

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

trevor wrote: - Different images based on who is looking at it (token ownership isn't enough here)
Actually, this might be kind of handy on tokens as well where players know something is there but a spot or search check determines what they see.
Last edited by RPTroll on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Duvik
Giant

Post by Duvik »

Just copied this from the thread on 1.3 dev...
Trevor said

This is actually planned. Originally I was calling it limbo (I think ?), but I'm changing it to think of it as a player's "Hand", like a hand of cards (probably because I was most recently talking with snikle about using it to hold cards).

The idea would be that you can pull tokens off of the map into your own hand, where they live outside of any map but are fully configured.
Just putting it here to jog memories a bit. ((I'm sure you don't need it but, other folks might ;D ))
Get Paid to Run Games! Check out The Elite Array at The Tangled Web

The Tangled Web A community for players and DMs that prefer to play online pen and paper style rpgs using freeware Virtual Gaming Tables like MapTool. Connect with Game Masters that need players or else recruit for your own game. Now offering pay to play games in addition to our free games! Run with a professional GameMaster and you can rest assured that the show will go on week after week.

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

Looks nice, but I do have a comment. I would place the suit pip under the number and make it smaller pip than the main pips. That is a more traditional card layout. I just find the large pip to right of number distracting to read. The way it is now the Ace looks like a 3.

-David
Ps. Sorry, I have too many years as a card magician looking at cards all day. . .

Duvik wrote:alrighty... I got all the cards put together and i can easily edit any changes that are suggested so far as images on the face cards. I used my own art as well as three images from the gallery that looked like they were created for or donated to RPTools since they appear in the included miniatures that come with an rpTools install.

link to the zip file with all images Cards.Zip

Duvik
Giant

Post by Duvik »

ah, good point you make and I totally agree.

For the time being, these should suffice for testing purposes but, once they actual begin working on this, I'll find some time to redo all the cards. I've got an extra piece of original art to add to a facecard as well.

The Tangled Web A community for players and DMs that prefer to play online pen and paper style rpgs using freeware Virtual Gaming Tables like MapTool. Connect with Game Masters that need players or else recruit for your own game. Now offering pay to play games in addition to our free games! Run with a professional GameMaster and you can rest assured that the show will go on week after week.

Zerianthekeeper
Giant

Post by Zerianthekeeper »

Any ETA on this?
Paizo has a neat Critical Hit deck, http://paizo.com/gameMastery/accessories/v5748btpy7wv9 , they also have a Deck of many things http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/g/gree ... 48btpy7s7y

this would work wonderful for those apps.
Last edited by Zerianthekeeper on Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here is my Website, you can find all my d20 homebrew here! http://zerian-the-keeper.wikidot.com/

trevor

Post by trevor »

Zerianthekeeper wrote:Any ETA on this?
Still designing.

I should be able to start writing code when I get a break from MT features :)

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

never!!
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Zerianthekeeper
Giant

Post by Zerianthekeeper »

snikle wrote:never!!
I think I am going to agree here. :lol:
Here is my Website, you can find all my d20 homebrew here! http://zerian-the-keeper.wikidot.com/

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I don't suppose anyone saved off that card deck? The link seems to be broke now.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Duvik
Giant

Post by Duvik »

I'm still around, I should have those images as well. We had to rearrange our old site a lot over at TW and killed off the old structure... sorry, I'll get them back up and available this weekend.

I think I might have also emailed them to one of the dev fellas in the past as a zipped collection.

update: i uploaded the zip file to the following location

http://www.thetangledweb.net/ao/cards.zip

sorry for all the dead image links in this thread, we had been hacked.
:(

trevor

Post by trevor »

Man I hate malicious vandals

Duvik
Giant

Post by Duvik »

well... they left the site itself alone and instead opted to install a bot and file server... We elected to scrap everything and start clean to avoid any potential backdoors he may have left. I'm a bit of a haphazard server admins so...

Digitalxero fixed us up nice and neat...

Looks like you guys have been busy as usual over here and I also spotted a few videos of MapTool over on YouTube.

Much appreciated as always.
I'll see ya around.

Duvik
Giant

Post by Duvik »

I saw that this tool had most votes and looks to be in dev so... I'm gonna go ahead and tweak the cards to look a bit more standard as was suggested.

How's this look?

hmmm, on previewing... i could stand to shunt the RPTools logo to the right a bit I'm thinking...

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”