Problem with CharTool

We are always looking for new tools to create to help facilitate the table top gaming experience. Let us know if you have an idea for a new gaming tool you'd like to see. (Note: this is NOT for feature requests on existing tools!)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

kat2cute
Dragon

Problem with CharTool

Post by kat2cute »

Ok, so now I'm having a weird problem with CharTool. I had my D&D group make their character sheets and send them to me. They initially worked, but then I decided to host the campaign from a different computer, so I copied all my files over to that other computer. Once I tried to reopen the CharTool files, none of the ones that my friends had created on different computers worked. However, the one file that was originally created on the first computer still worked, and any files I redownloaded to the new computer also worked. I got this long error on trying to open the other files:
Error!
The type SLOT can't handle data of class net.rptools.chartool.model.property.PropertyMap in property name='0' type='SLOT' slot-data-type='modifier'descriptor map:
---CHILDREN>>>>> (it then lists a whole bunch of property names within this children bracket)

I have no clue why it did this. I just tried to load the .rpchar sheet from the .jar chartool program.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

I believe CharTool is built against Java 6. Make sure your Java is up to date.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

The SLOT data type is filled with data from an internal database. All I can think of from you error is that maybe the internal database didn't get loaded before the characters had been loaded.

Return to “Ideas for New Applications”