Maptool macro function doc

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

davout
Cave Troll

Maptool macro function doc

Post by davout »

Hello all,

I'm wondering if there is already a location with a description of all the macro functions where the layout is similar to JavaDoc or PHPDoc?

I'm aware of the descriptions at the wiki I just don't like the navigation to each function.

Thanks.

Update: 2012-01-13
Added findToken() under Tokens
Attachments
API-Documentation 1.2.zip
(36.12 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Last edited by davout on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Re: Maptool macro function doc

Post by CoveredInFish »

The Wiki is all we have. (and all our Pride ;) )

Feel free to create something better using the wiki content (I guess that'd be ok ) but consider that this macro language will be dropped when version 1.4 will come - this probably will take serious time though.

davout
Cave Troll

Post by davout »

OK attached is something I slapped together quickly.

Extract it. Open API-Documentation/index.htm

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

Oooh ... nice ... this is indeed quite handy. We should get it online. I have not checked in detail though.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

that is indeed very very nice. Why didn't you make this two years ago? when I was searching my donkey off to find functions related to my problems... :wink:

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

This is a bit more handy than normal web navigation. Just toss in (if forget name of javascript library but it uses jquery and prototype) that has collapsing menus.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yeah, that's pretty nice. It looks like it was generated from the wiki data; perhaps something like that could be added to the wiki automatically? I'm thinking of a nightly job that builds the index and makes it available from the top page of the wiki.

Doesn't help with MapTool itself, but it makes function lookup a lot faster!

The collapsing menu idea is easy enough since it would only take a few lines of jquery code. And a text field filter at the top of the table would be nice as well. Something like the one on this page.

@davout: if you generated this automatically, I'd like to get the script/code you used. I might be able to put it on the main RPTools site (with the above two additions) and link to the wiki site...

davout
Cave Troll

Post by davout »

Thanks.

Initially I had downloaded some of the individual function pages and removed the header and side navigate bar as a proof of concept. It was faster since everything was local. However, I thought if anything changed on the wiki. My docs would be out of date. So the left hand navigation links link directly to the page on the wiki.

Sorry no automated script.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Ah. Well, I've been able to write some XSL in the past that transformed Paizo's spell pages and extracted the information I wanted; the same kind of thing could probably be done with the wiki pages.

Since the wiki already has support for building "Category" pages though, it might be easier to hook into that to generate the list. But it means the categories listed at the bottom of each page would need to be correct. Are they? I don't know... :?

davout
Cave Troll

Post by davout »

I updated my API docs. It now has a collapsible list. Any CSS ninja are encouraged :) to make it look nice.

The zip file is located in the first post.

Enjoy.

davout
Cave Troll

Post by davout »

Uploaded new version : 1st post.

I added findToken() under Tokens Menu

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I came across a JavaScript routine that will build a link menu based on H1..H6 elements in the document. When I get back to my laptop I'll try loading this latest doc and using that plugin. If it looks good, I'll post a link to te plugin...

Geroblue
Cave Troll

Post by Geroblue »

I'm not a CSS guru, but I use this menu system on my web sites. It has to be hand edited, but might work well for this.

http://www.twinhelix.com/dhtml/fsmenu/
'thru the thorns to the stars' One version of a phrase from the 'Ghost in the Shell' Anime.

My Crestar site has over a thousand free maps of various sizes; continents, islands, nations, cities, towns, villages, inns, peoples, some mysteries, and several adventures from the short to the many hundreds of rooms types. Menus fixed June 8, 2012.

My Starship Wanderer site. Only a few maps.

Return to “Macros”