Repeating attacks?

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Re: Repeating attacks?

Post by Xaelvaen »

Oh absolutely love notepad++ (Ctrl+F / Replace). I haven't really touched udfs yet - should probably get to that I suppose...
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Xaelvaen wrote:Oh absolutely love notepad++ (Ctrl+F / Replace). I haven't really touched udfs yet - should probably get to that I suppose...
I specifically recommend the portable version be of block collapsing. The standard version has some bug that causes the system to hang when making edits and have some of the blocks collapsed. It's not too bad if you don't have very many lines of code, but I usually deal with files with 1000's of lines and it's a pain switching tabs with a long delay in between.

I love all the textFX functions. Really good for cleaning up data files. I use split lines, unwrap text, delete blank lines and trim all the time.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

wolph42 wrote:ok, you got me curious, ''unwrap text' how does that work?
If you need to put a wall of text on multiple lines using a delimiter you can choose the standard , or use a character in clipboard. For example, if I have 1 line of text with | separators, I can copy "|" to clipboard then run textFX and it will list items on separate lines.

Unwrap just combines multiple lines in to one until there is 2 return characters. Its good when copying text from pdfs.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Yes the latter, I too copy text from PDFs and wrapped text always bugs me. Now from you I understand there is an unwrap text function in np++ ? Thats my question: where is that function?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

TextFX | TextFX Edit | Unwrap Text (near the bottom).

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

There is even an online tool for that: http://www.textfixer.com/tools/remove-line-breaks.php

(still looking for a good replacement for np++ for mac - and running it emulated is not what I like)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Has anyone tried Aptana? At first glace it seems pretty robust. It's a standalone or a plugin for Eclipse. Supports Windows and Mac (not sure about *nix). If I remember, I'll install it and check it out and see how it compares to np++. It's an open source project, so I hope it has support for custom key word highlighting and function tips. There are some more things I need to add to function tips (like roll options), so if I'm going to do all that work after 1.3 is finalized, it would be nice to be able to do it for something everyone can use.

ps - the wiki looks promising.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

wolph42 wrote:Yes the latter, I too copy text from PDFs and wrapped text always bugs me.
Funny you guys are discussing this as I am having this problem from a programmatic standpoint. I use the Notes tab of an icon to store text that I would like to generate a power macro from. When I paste text into this tab manually, my import macro fails when it tries to get the text with getNotes(). Dunno why exactly. However, when I use input() to get the text from a user and then store it using setNotes(), the Notes tab shows it in collapsed (or "unwrapped") format and my importer works fine.

Obviously my macro doesn't like wrapped text. Is there an MT Script way to unwrap it? I tried using "[replace(getNotes(), "\\\n", "")]" but that doesn't work. What's the deal? I don't want to ask the user to collapse it manually (using NP++ or whatever) as I want them to be able (if they so desire) to paste into Notes and edit manually before running the importer.
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

aliasmask wrote:TextFX | TextFX Edit | Unwrap Text (near the bottom).
and as I can't find TextFX in the menu I'm gathering that its a plug-in??

edit: indeed! : found it installed it, awed it.

So the logical next question: are there any other plug-ins that I should take into consideration?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

You can also unwrap text in NP++ with CTRL+J. The only downside to this is it adds spaces if there isn't a space present.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

neofax wrote:You can also unwrap text in NP++ with CTRL+J. The only downside to this is it adds spaces if there isn't a space present.
who would have guessed... :shock:

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

wolph42 wrote:
aliasmask wrote:TextFX | TextFX Edit | Unwrap Text (near the bottom).
and as I can't find TextFX in the menu I'm gathering that its a plug-in??

edit: indeed! : found it installed it, awed it.

So the logical next question: are there any other plug-ins that I should take into consideration?
Autosave is a must for me.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (42.49 KiB) Viewed 722 times

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

aliasmask wrote:Has anyone tried Aptana? At first glace it seems pretty robust. It's a standalone or a plugin for Eclipse. Supports Windows and Mac (not sure about *nix).
It looks fine. It's a bit "big" since its not a slim text editor but more a IDE but once started its pretty quick. Project management functions are not bad to have either.
It seems to be highly customizable.

I have not done any real coding with it yet - and probably will not any time soon. Only coding I can foresee any time soon would be in MTscript what -of course- isnt supported (yet). At least syntax highlighting i'd need.

Return to “Macros”