Common Query

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Tanthos
Giant

Common Query

Post by Tanthos »

I understand that "plz 4 to giev sound fx in maptul" is about as common as dirt around here. However, I read rumors of various plugins for playing sound files through macros, and I am curious about your guys' opinions on these plugins. Are they effective? Stable? Have you had much use out of them? Perhaps most importantly, is there one for b90 beta?

Sound effects are a pretty useful tool sometimes.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Common Query

Post by Full Bleed »

Tanthos wrote:I understand that "plz 4 to giev sound fx in maptul" is about as common as dirt around here. However, I read rumors of various plugins for playing sound files through macros, and I am curious about your guys' opinions on these plugins. Are they effective? Stable? Have you had much use out of them? Perhaps most importantly, is there one for b90 beta?

Sound effects are a pretty useful tool sometimes.
To answer your questions:

1.3b90 will not have sound support.

Lord Ashes has a Maptool Fork with some sound support as a plugin. It's not a very highly adopted version of MT and does have some broader security concerns.

IMO, your best option to get sound support for MT will be to wait for (and maybe support) Lee's "Mote" Fork, currently going through a Kickstarter for funding: http://kck.st/NNpxep

More information here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24863
Last edited by Full Bleed on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Bone White
Great Wyrm

Re: Common Query

Post by Bone White »

Perhaps you should ask Lord Ashes if he expects to be able to add his adaptation to b90, but he's probably waiting for b90 to be finalised before he works on it.

Return to “Macros”