Force Client SelectTokens Initiative Tool

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

tomlib
Giant

Force Client SelectTokens Initiative Tool

Post by tomlib »

In my game there are a number NPCs for whom the players determine actions. When the initiative round comes to the NPC my players are often selected on their PC token and begin clicking buttons before realizing they are on the non-initiative token. I understand SelectTokens() and can make the current initiative Token become selected easily enough but it only works for me as I'm clicking the Next Initiative macro button. My players remain on the wrong token.

Is there a way to essentially pretend the Owner of the token that is gaining initiative is the one clicking the macro button? That way the macro would run for them and force the correct token to be selected.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

metatheurgist
Dragon

Re: Force Client SelectTokens Initiative Tool

Post by metatheurgist »

You can make code execute on a client with macroLink().

tomlib
Giant

Post by tomlib »

I was fooling around with macroLink() but it seems like it requires a click from the player which is what I was hoping to avoid. Thanks though!

Tom

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Combined with Wiki: execLink() you can have it execute on other clients.

FYI: The BoT has some UDF's that make this a little easier to execute macros on all clients.
-Jamz

Return to “Macros”