A VS Code extension for supporting MapTool scripting

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

tdue21
Kobold

A VS Code extension for supporting MapTool scripting

Post by tdue21 »

I am very happy about Alienmask's NP++ language extension, which makes writing macros much easier. Combined with the RPEdit library, it is much easier to maintain a macro library.

I have been tossing around for a new learning project (besides MapTool), and since I believe in having multiple choices, and as I personally much perfer VS Code for my scripting needs, I've decided to attempt writing a language extension. Should anyone wish to take a look, the repos is here:

https://github.com/Tdue21/mtscript-vscode

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: A VS Code extension for supporting MapTool scripting

Post by aliasmask »

Cool. What benefits outside of other projects would say VSCode provides? In the latest release NP++ dumped some of the extensions I'm used to using so I'm willing to try something new. Does it include the function tooltips or is it just keyword highlighting?

tdue21
Kobold

Post by tdue21 »

This is my first extension for VSCode, so I am not entirely sure what is, and what is not possible. I do know that other languages can support syntax highlighting, code completion, tooltips etc.
There are extensions which adds full support for all major languages, and a large group of minor languages as well.

Oh, and it is cross platform :)

As far as I can tell, the first iteration (syntax highlighting) is purely configuration, i.e. json and xml, but code tooltips etc. may require some code, which is typically done in TypeScript.

Code is not a complete IDE, but it is certainly more than just an editor.

Scubba
Cave Troll

Post by Scubba »

I use VSCode quite a bit, largely because I'm on a Mac :)
I like some of the language extensions, and the git/perforce/etc. integration is fine/functional.

How do you install this extension?

Return to “Macros”