onMapChange anywhere?

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Purzelkater
Cave Troll

onMapChange anywhere?

Post by Purzelkater »

I would like to see an event onMapChange, like the onCampaignLoad event.

Because MapTool can play MP3 now, I would like to add some ambient music to my campaign. This music should be linked to the current visible map of the player. So I'm thinking of an onMapChange event, added to my global lib-token. Every time a player is changing his shown map, this event should be fired, stops the current music, take the current visible map name and start playing the associated music.
Because every player could be on his own map, this must be "per player" event.

But I haven't seen an event like onMapChange or have I missed something?

Kind regards
from Purzelkater

Merudo
Giant

Re: onMapChange anywhere?

Post by Merudo »

There has been some talk on a "onMapLoad" event here, but so far no one stepped forward to implement it.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

its one of the reasons I build the switch map macro in the BoT. This function, next to dragging all relevant tokens to the new map also centres all views on the correct spot. Something that bothered me was not possible. Although in reality I use teleports mostly to switch maps and there too have I the possibility to add addtional code to do stuff.

JoeDuncan
Giant

Post by JoeDuncan »

Purzelkater wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:47 am
I would like to see an event onMapChange, like the onCampaignLoad event.
I have implemented the "onChangeMap" event in my "Joe's Ugly Hacks" macro libraries (see the User Creations forum), but it won't be released until this weekend.

Works great though!
"Joe's Ugly Hacks - Get 'em while their hot! Guaranteed ugliest hacks around or your money back!"

JoeDuncan
Giant

Post by JoeDuncan »

JoeDuncan wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:24 pm
I have implemented the "onChangeMap" event in my "Joe's Ugly Hacks" macro libraries (see the User Creations forum), but it won't be released until this weekend.

Works great though!
This has now (finally) been released.

Check it out in the "User Creations -> Drop-in Libraries" forum.
"Joe's Ugly Hacks - Get 'em while their hot! Guaranteed ugliest hacks around or your money back!"

Return to “Macros”