listSort and delim

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Purzelkater
Cave Troll

listSort and delim

Post by Purzelkater »

Sorry, it's me again... :roll:

I am right, the listSort function has no delim parameter like the other string list functions?

On most list functions you can use an delim paramter - and beacause my list entries have commas, I use this parameter many times. How can I sort my lists? Only solution I have would be to replace "," with some other strings, then create the list using "," as delim, sort it, replace the "," from the sorted list und dann replace "," back.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: listSort and delim

Post by Full Bleed »

Purzelkater wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:20 pm
Sorry, it's me again... :roll:

I am right, the listSort function has no delim parameter like the other string list functions?
Yeah, never noticed that before. The good thing is that it's probably not a hard fix...
On most list functions you can use an delim paramter - and beacause my list entries have commas, I use this parameter many times. How can I sort my lists? Only solution I have would be to replace "," with some other strings, then create the list using "," as delim, sort it, replace the "," from the sorted list und dann replace "," back.
You could use Wiki: json.FromList() then Wiki: json.sort() then Wiki: json.toList().
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: listSort and delim

Post by aliasmask »

Not sure if I've ever used Wiki: listSort() but I just checked it does have a 3rd parameter. It's just not in the wiki.

Code: Select all

[listSort("b,a;a,b","a",";")]
edit: I updated the wiki to show the delimiter option.

Return to “Macros”