Impersonate function from PC token

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Ocuzor
Kobold

Impersonate function from PC token

Post by Ocuzor »

I'm trying to set up a framework for Paranoia and it requires a lot of secrecy. I'm currently trying to create a whisper function so players can secretly communicate with each other while still allowing the GM to view their messages so I can stay in the loop. I've got it working almost all the way but other players can see in the chat the PC icon and know he/she did something although they can't see the result.

I'm trying to use the impersonate function (https://wiki.rptools.info/index.php/impersonate) as a workaround so it always shows the same default token icon, that way they don't know who's doing it, but it seems that since I'm calling the macro from a PC, the chat still shows the original PC icon instead of the impersonated token.

If anybody has a fix for that or a way to allow players to whisper to each other while allowing the GM to see I'd appreciate it.

LarryWoestman
Cave Troll

Re: Impersonate function from PC token

Post by LarryWoestman »

You might look at the "broadcast" macro. It should let you do what you want quite easily.

Ocuzor
Kobold

Re: Impersonate function from PC token

Post by Ocuzor »

Thanks! That's pretty much what I was looking for!

Return to “Macros”