macrolinks clickable area

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Arsil
Kobold

macrolinks clickable area

Post by Arsil »

Hello.
Maybe this is a bug or maybe I'm doing something wrong on the MapTool scripting or html front.

When using a macrolink (be it in a form or in chat), its clickable area extends way beyond the text (or image) used as hyperlink.

I don't really know the right technical nomenclature and English is not my first language,
so I've prepared an example to show what I mean. See attachment: it's a token with 2 macros
to explain what the problem is and where I might be doing things wrongs.

Additional info: MapTool version 1.7.0 on Linux 64 bit
(by the way, there is another software called maptool so the .deb installation can be troublesome, but that's another issue entirely).
Attachments
macrolinks tests.rptok
(17.38 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: macrolinks clickable area

Post by Full Bleed »

Never noticed that before... but it appears that the "hotspot" for the macrolink extends from the macrolink to the left when using html position formatting. If you insert a bunch of spaces to the left of the macrolink it does not do that.

I only get the "click above" problem in the frame (on Windows 10).

As a workaround for macrolinks in frames, if you use frame5 it seems to work as it should.

I'd call this a bug.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: macrolinks clickable area

Post by aliasmask »

Yeah, that's an old old bug. You can mitigate it by putting text before/after the link.

Return to “Macros”