Anima beyond fantasy Framework

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

reganark
Kobold

Anima beyond fantasy Framework

Post by reganark »

Hello everyone!
I just started using maptools because I'm playing an anime bayond fantasy campaign, and I was wondering if there were any frameworks for maptools 1.8 since I don't know muhc of the program and doing all of the macros would be a lot of work, and if someone else have done them it would make my life much more easier.
Thank you in advance!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Anima beyond fantasy Framework

Post by aliasmask »

I personally haven't heard of anima: beyond fantasy, but you can check discord and ask there. Sometimes there may be a similar style of game and framework and then you can tweak to meet your needs. From what I briefly read it's played with miniatures and cards? Many people start out in MapTool just using it as a battle map and all the dice rolling and other mechanics are done in person. Then you can later try your hand at some basic die rolling or card drawing macros and go from there.

reganark
Kobold

Re: Anima beyond fantasy Framework

Post by reganark »

Thank youu for replying!
Anima is a spanish roleplaying game, but it has had other branches like miniature and card games based on its setting. The roleplaying system uses a d100, its super anime (there is a thing called ki that lets you make your own techniques, think of this as a naruto jutsu xD) and its pretty complex, so it makes the battles too dense (you ahve to roll initiative each turn, calculating damage is kind of slow (You roll to attack, the target rolls to defend and then based on the difference you deal for example 50% of your damage, so if you had a 70 dmg weapon you would deal 35 dmg) so I thought about playing it in maptools, since I tried to play it on roll20 and it was still slow since I had no way to properly reset initiatives, and it was too hard to keep track of the stats since the character sheet is too uncomfortable, and I feel like setting the macros and just clicking would make this game much more better.
I'll try on discord and see if I find any luck!

Return to “Macros”