Problem with macro (roll option) calling a Lib: token on another map - Resolved

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Oriet
Cave Troll

Problem with macro (roll option) calling a Lib: token on another map - Resolved

Post by Oriet »

I have run into a very strange error that I have been unable to figure out. I have several macros on a library token, named Lib:Macros, many of which call other macros on it. A lot of the macros in the Campaign window call on those macros, such as for dice rolling and character sheets.

As long as I'm on the same map as the library token, everything works exactly as it should. As soon as you try using the macros in the Campaign window from a different map, though, many throw an error like the following:

Code: Select all

Error executing "getProperty": the token name or id "Lib:Macros" is unknown.
Error trace : skillRoller@Lib:Macros <<< Dice Roller@campaign
And yet, as soon as you switch back to the map that has the library token, they work perfectly again. I have regularly had macros in the Campaign window call macros on a library token in other campaigns/frameworks without issue, and even here it's only some of them. This is causing a lot of frustration, as I want to be able to use more than one map and not have to move the library token to the currently active map, especially when I've not had to do so in the past.
Last edited by Oriet on Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kill them all, and let the Game Master grant the exp!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Problem with macro (roll option) calling a Lib: token on another map

Post by aliasmask »

You need to use Wiki: getLibProperty().

Oriet
Cave Troll

Re: Problem with macro (roll option) calling a Lib: token on another map

Post by Oriet »

That... fixed it. Thank you! I guess I generally haven't tried to call properties from a library token for most of my macros before, so I completely forgot that was a function.
Kill them all, and let the Game Master grant the exp!

Return to “Macros”