How to end impersonation in macro

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Myrhdraak
Kobold

How to end impersonation in macro

Post by Myrhdraak »

I am using a DM macro where I want to impersonate a Player when he/she recieves initiative to allow it to say something "Angor is ready to fight now!" or something similar, and then end the impersonation.
But I find no way to end the impersonation within the macro (except after the macro ends and i press the "end" button in the impersonation chat window). Is there no macro function for endimpersonate(), that I can use before I end the macro?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: How to end impersonation in macro

Post by aliasmask »

You should be able to impersonate a token without changing the chat impersonation. The only exception is if your login is the same as a token name.

I just tested this, you can use [H: impersonate("")] to turn off impersonation.

Myrhdraak
Kobold

Re: How to end impersonation in macro

Post by Myrhdraak »

I can probably turn it of with impersonate(""), but not in the same macro, i.e. I cannot start an impersonation inside the macro in order to write something and have the token say it, and then turn of impersonation later in the same macro in order to not exit the macro with impersonation active (i.e. I am in impersonation mode in the chat window as the DM for the token when the macro ends.)

Return to “Macros”