New token dialog in wrong place when using multiple monitors

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
talmaru
Kobold

New token dialog in wrong place when using multiple monitors

Post by talmaru »

I have 2 monitors.

If I open map tool on my primary monitor and then move the client to my 2nd monitor then drag a new token from the resource library to the map the new token dialog window pops up on my primary monitor instead of my 2nd monitor.

If I do not move the client to my second monitor and drag the token onto the map the dialog pops up at the token location as it should.

https://discord.com/channels/2962308222 ... 1837052014

LarryWoestman
Cave Troll

Re: New token dialog in wrong place when using multiple monitors

Post by LarryWoestman »

I also experience this with 1.8.3 and 1.7.

MapTool seems to use the primary monitor for several dialogs instead of wherever the current "main" window is located. I move the dialogs to the more convenient window but it doesn't remember where it was located and pops back up in the old location the next time.

I also see this with the dialog(s?) related to updating multi-line properties.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

(Best place for bug reports is GitHub.com/RPTools/maptool/issues since not everyone visits the forum and other contributors might want to work on/fix the bug you're reporting.)

So, what's the best approach. The first time a dialog opens it uses the monitor that the main applicant window is on, but if the same dialog opens later, it should appear on whatever monitor it was on the last time it closed?

Now all we need is a list of the dialogs that don't work properly so that their code can be reviewed...

talmaru
Kobold

Post by talmaru »

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

That seems like normal behavior assuming you're using extending desktop. I think if you were to move the dialog to the second monitor and hold ctrl and click x to close it would save the position. I believe the dialogs can float outside the bounds of the MapTool screen. At least certain ones do.

talmaru
Kobold

Post by talmaru »

If I have map tools open on my primary monitor when I drag a token from the repository to the map the new token dialog opens at the position where the token was dropped on the map.

If i have map tools open on my secondary monitor and I drag a token .... the dialog opens on my primary monitor.

Return to “Bug Reports”