[1.3.b62] Character tool-made token error

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
AcidMinded
Kobold

[1.3.b62] Character tool-made token error

Post by AcidMinded »

MapTool 1.3.b62
CharacterTool 1.0.b12

My friend is attempting to make a 4e character using these programs. I'm also running the same version of MapTool, but I'm using the newest version of CharacterTool. I can create and import tokens just fine, however the tokens he makes cannot be imported; we get this error:
(WALL OF TEXT, SCROLL DOWN IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ERROR)

Code: Select all

java.lang.InstantiationError: java.util.Map$Entry
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedSerializationConstructorAccessor195.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.Sun14ReflectionProvider.newInstance(Sun14ReflectionProvider.java:62)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.instantiateNewInstance(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:257)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:124)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:56)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:45)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:46)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUnmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:195)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:125)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:56)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:45)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:46)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.annotations.AnnotationReflectionConverter.unmarshallField(AnnotationReflectionConverter.java:66)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUnmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:188)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:125)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:117)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.ReferenceByXPathMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(ReferenceByXPathMarshallingStrategy.java:29)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:846)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:833)
	at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:789)
	at net.rptools.lib.io.PackedFile.getContent(PackedFile.java:138)
	at net.rptools.lib.io.PackedFile.getContent(PackedFile.java:123)
	at net.rptools.maptool.util.PersistenceUtil.loadToken(PersistenceUtil.java:400)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.TransferableHelper.handleFileList(TransferableHelper.java:133)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.TransferableHelper.getAsset(TransferableHelper.java:76)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.TransferableHelper.importData(TransferableHelper.java:238)
	at javax.swing.TransferHandler.importData(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.TransferHandler$DropHandler.drop(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.dnd.DropTarget.drop(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.TransferHandler$SwingDropTarget.drop(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer.processDropMessage(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer$EventDispatcher.dispatchDropEvent(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetContextPeer$EventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at sun.awt.dnd.SunDropTargetEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processDropTargetEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:24)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Is there some way to fix this? Could I open his character in my CharacterTool and re-save it to make it work? Or is all hope lost? D:

AcidMinded
Kobold

Re: [1.3.b62] Character tool-made token error

Post by AcidMinded »

Fix?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

What version of CT is he using. I've been adding fixes to MT/CT to get the loading to work and he might have missed some of them if he has an older version of CT.

AcidMinded
Kobold

Post by AcidMinded »

He's using the second-newest version of CT. The newest one won't launch on his computer for some reason. Kinda like the newest version of MT won't work on mine.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

huh, have you downloaded the zip file of both programs and tried them? Sometimes Java Web Start messes up, nobody is really sure why. But the differences in versions are most likely the problem. I added a bunch of fixes in the last couple of builds to both programs. And since they show the same data, the versions need to match up.

AcidMinded
Kobold

Post by AcidMinded »

That's what we've been using; web starts generally cause problems for everyone.

Return to “Bug Reports”