[1.3v70] Reroll lowest die

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
mr0bunghole
Cave Troll

[1.3v70] Reroll lowest die

Post by mr0bunghole »

Saw the following die roll today during a game which appears to be a bug. A search of this forum did not turn up anything related, so I've posted here.

Code: Select all

« 1d6r1 = 1 »
I apologize for not supplying more information for this report, but I am not programming saavy.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: [1.3v70] Reroll lowest die

Post by jfrazierjr »

mr0bunghole wrote:Saw the following die roll today during a game which appears to be a bug. A search of this forum did not turn up anything related, so I've posted here.

« 1d6r1 = 1 »
I apologize for not supplying more information for this report, but I am not programming saavy.
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

From the wiki(emphasis added): "Roll X dice with Y sides each, rerolling any results lower than L"
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

barinax
Giant

Post by barinax »

mr0bunghole wrote:Saw the following die roll today during a game which appears to be a bug. A search of this forum did not turn up anything related, so I've posted here.

« 1d6r1 = 1 »
Assuming you want to reroll any 1s, the command should be [1d6r2] which means roll a d6 and reroll any result less than a 2. I use the command for several of my warrior attacks, which allow a reroll on any 1 or 2, and it works without issue in build 70.

For instance my warriors rolls look something like [2*Weapon1Damage] where Weapon1Damage = {1d12r3}

prestidigitator
Dragon

Post by prestidigitator »

I'm not sure, but I'd also guess that the die is re-rolled exactly once, rather than being rolled over and over and over again until the result is higher than the given limit. That means that rolling a one is perfectly possible, but a bit less likely.
"He knows not how to know who knows not also how to un-know." --Sir Richard Burton

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

prestidigitator wrote:I'm not sure, but I'd also guess that the die is re-rolled exactly once, rather than being rolled over and over and over again until the result is higher than the given limit. That means that rolling a one is perfectly possible, but a bit less likely.
I don't see why that would be the case. I would hope that the implementation of (1d6r2) is simply (1d5+1) since the statistical spread is identical. And it doesn't require a cpu-consuming loop to function.

Return to “Bug Reports”