[1.3b49] Campaign File not loading

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
PyroMancer2k
Dragon

[1.3b49] Campaign File not loading

Post by PyroMancer2k »

I am assuming the campaign file is not loading because none of the tokens appear. When I download the newest version of MapTools the campaign loads fine and the tokens are their. The problem is the macros are so old that some of them seem to return errors in the new version. I was looking to get back into MT because of an upcoming D&D session I was having with some friends and figured some of my old tokens would be handy for keeping track of the game. But don't really have time to debug them before it starts.

I'm on a different computer than I was on back when I made the token and had b49 MT. I saved it all on a flash drive so I'm not sure if that is the cause. I'm using WIN7 64 bit and Java 7. Not sure if anything else would matter when it comes to MT. I did have to edit the BAT files because it no longer recognized the * wildcard, found that tip in another thread. :)

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: [1.3b49] Campaign File not loading

Post by JamzTheMan »

Holy MT rez! :)

If it loads then it's most likely not your system (it looks like you got everything covered). I can't even imagine what has changed since then, although as of later I know we tried to keep things backwards compatible.

Try posting an offending Macro or two here. The macro gods may have a quick remedy. It may be just one macro function. Or it may be the smiley bug. Try playing with turning on/off tool tips and smiley's in Preferences.
-Jamz

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I would try a progressive load. I forget the hallmark builds, but I used b63 for a long time. Perhaps try the builds just before the broken builds. So, b63, b70, b77 then I would just jump to b91.

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

JamzTheMan wrote: Try posting an offending Macro or two here. The macro gods may have a quick remedy. It may be just one macro function. Or it may be the smiley bug. Try playing with turning on/off tool tips and smiley's in Preferences.
The macros were the ones I posted in the forums.
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9152

And it seems the macro gods did have a quick remedy. When I went to check the error message it was "Stack Overflow". The b91 didn't come with bat to assign more memory use like the ones I used to launch b49. I just used that to run it with more memory and everything so far seems fine. Had forgotten about that because I'm a bit rusty.

Doesn't really answer why the campaign doesn't load in b49, there is no error messages it just doesn't seem to load.

Though I guess it doesn't really matter since things appear to be working in b91.

Thanks for the help.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

The bat files have gone, because we have the launcher now. I would recommend using that, as your preferred method of starting Maptool. You should just be able to run the launcher jar and it takes care of everything else :)

Return to “Bug Reports”