BUG: PROP input type writes trailing semi-colon.

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
Full Bleed
Demigod

BUG: PROP input type writes trailing semi-colon.

Post by Full Bleed »

As noted here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20517

A fix for the trailing semi-colons on several functions years ago missed this one.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: BUG: PROP input type writes trailing semi-colon.

Post by aliasmask »

I think it was requested at one point to add the ; at the end of a strprop list and it was done to some of the functions. Personally, I prefer no ; at the end so you can then use the list functions on a strprop.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: BUG: PROP input type writes trailing semi-colon.

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:49 am
I think it was requested at one point to add the ; at the end of a strprop list and it was done to some of the functions. Personally, I prefer no ; at the end so you can then use the list functions on a strprop.
Per the link above, AZ fixed most of the instances where the trailing ; was being added.

But the PROP input type was, apparently, missed... which is not surprising since I suspect it's a rarely used type.

The workaround is to use the substring method mentioned in the linked thread above... but it would be better if the PROP input type was just fixed to function consistently with all other functions manipulating StrProps.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “Bug Reports”