[Bug Maptool 1.4.1.8] FoW revealing on Players side when DM moves NPC token

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
Oryan77
Dragon

[Bug Maptool 1.4.1.8] FoW revealing on Players side when DM moves NPC token

Post by Oryan77 »

Posting this because I see it was never reported.

Original discussion:
https://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.ph ... 16#p269716

In v1.4.1.8, when I'm running a server and a player is connected to the server, any NPC token I move as a DM will remove the FoW in a room surrounded by VBL on the player side regardless of where the PC tokens are located on the map.

So if I have several rooms on a map that are surrounded by VBL, and FoW is only revealed in the room where the PC token is; when the DM moves an NPC token located in a room in another part of the map, the FoW vanishes within that room on both the DM and Player side. The player side still cannot see the NPC token and the room is left with soft FoW for the players view.

Both v1.4.0.5 and v1.4.1.8 are using all of the same settings. I reloaded the same campaign file in v1.4.0.5 and it works just fine. It seems to only be an issue in v1.4.1.8.

Ownership on NPC token is not checked.
NPC token has sight [normal].
FoW is set on the map with Vision set to "Day".

Server Settings:
Strict token ownership (checked)
Players can reveal vision (checked)
Auto Reveal On Movement (checked)
Use Individual Views (checked)
Use Individual FOW (unchecked)
Restricted Player Impersonation (unchecked)
Players Receive Campaign Macros (checked)

I prefer using Auto Reveal On Movement due to the way that we have been using MT for our games over the years. This feature is no longer working as intended.

Here are some screenshots. First is the DM session and the second is the Player session. The room to the right is what revealed when the DM moved the token in room 3B.
DMsession.jpg
DMsession.jpg (642.65 KiB) Viewed 4189 times
Playersession.jpg
Playersession.jpg (375.87 KiB) Viewed 4189 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [Bug Maptool 1.4.1.8] FoW revealing on Players side when DM moves NPC token

Post by aliasmask »

Looks like a server setting. If you're not using individual views, PC tokens it will reveal the soft FoW to all players. There may be a bug with the NPC token having sight since they don't usually have sight and so it reveals the soft FoW. So, for now try removing the NPC token sight.

Oryan77
Dragon

Re: [Bug Maptool 1.4.1.8] FoW revealing on Players side when DM moves NPC token

Post by Oryan77 »

Yes, removing sight from the NPC token does not reveal soft FoW for the player side when that NPC token is moved. Adding sight back to the NPC token does reveal soft FoW for the player side.

This issue does not occur in v1.4.0.5 or previous version of Maptool. I have not checked any newer versions other than v1.4.1.8..

Return to “Bug Reports”