[Bug 1.5.1] VBL on Tokens gets rotated

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
crazyclausewitz
Kobold

[Bug 1.5.1] VBL on Tokens gets rotated

Post by crazyclausewitz »

The VBL on tokens seems to get rotated counterclockwise by a small amount.
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (82.56 KiB) Viewed 4712 times
To reproduce: Take rectangular image with no transparency. Put it on the background layer and generate the Token VBL for it. Notice that the VBL is perfectly aligned in the VBL preview. Now switch to VBL tools and you can see that the VBL has been rotated.

BTW: This has nothing to do with generating the VBL in 1.5.1. This also happens if you drag a token to the map that has been prepared in a previous version of maptool.

Phergus
Deity

Re: [Bug 1.5.1] VBL on Tokens gets rotated

Post by Phergus »

Square grid?

crazyclausewitz
Kobold

Post by crazyclausewitz »

Yes, square grid.
I also noticed that this is only happening if the VBL points are on the corners of the image. So maybe it's more of a floor/ceil issue rather than a rotation of the VBL shape.

Oryan77
Dragon

Post by Oryan77 »

I have a similar issue happen when I add a 2 pixel vbl across a door object and then rotate the door. The vbl slightly rotates and locks into place that way after rotating the door object. I create the vbl by drawing it on the map and moving it to the object. If it "breaks", I can clear the vbl, redraw it on the map, and then move it back to the object and it will work fine from then on. This issue does not always happen though.

I can't figure out what causes the vbl to slightly rotate like this or what I'm doing to not have this issue occure. It seems to happen randomly. It does happen more often when I set up an animated door with the Bag of Tricks, copy and paste several instances of the door object, and THEN add the vbl line to each door. After rotating those copied doors, the vbl line will slightly rotate and stay that way.

Just to be clear, I am not using the Bag of Tricks vbl. I am only using the MT vbl tool via edit token.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

This has been fixed for 1.5.3.

Return to “Bug Reports”