[Bug 1.4.1.8+] Assets jump back to their initial drag position

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
crazyclausewitz
Kobold

[Bug 1.4.1.8+] Assets jump back to their initial drag position

Post by crazyclausewitz »

A bug that is driving me nuts for some time now is that assets that get dragged to the map and are moved afterwards jump back to position of the initial drag after a few seconds.
This seems to be related to the filesize and obviously has something to do with loading procedures.
To best reproduce: Take a handful of 1MB images, drag them onto the map, move the assets to different locations, sit back and watch them jump back to the initial drag location one by one.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [Bug 1.4.1.8+] Assets jump back to their initial drag position

Post by aliasmask »

I know what you mean. When I drag images on to the map they seem fine until I move, then they are redrawn moving them back to the start position. This only happens once. You can avoid that by using the zoom. You can see the tokens being redrawn and after that it's safe to move. The redraw delay is likely related to their size, but I think it happens with all dropped images.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Known issue. I think an issue has been filed on GitHub for this. I'll look.

For large assets, or a largish group of assets, it takes a bit of time before the images are added to the assetcache. While that is being done MT has a lock on them. Just like if one person is editing a token and another person moves it. Once that images are placed in the assetcache, the tokens/stamps within MT are refreshed causing them to revert back to the size/place they were dropped at.

crazyclausewitz
Kobold

Post by crazyclausewitz »

I was suspecting something along that line.
But updating the assetcache really shouldn't interfere with the gui. As far as I can tell, only the image is stored in the cache and nothing else. So why the lock? The worst thing that can happen is that the asset is deleted before it is stored in the cache.

Return to “Bug Reports”