Distance per Cell bug with german language

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
sir_chris666
Kobold

Distance per Cell bug with german language

Post by sir_chris666 »

Hi guys,

first post here, and I have to discuss a bug.
The distance per cell is determined with a number. Since we are using the pathfinder system, our value is at 5.0.
But anytime you insert a token/object etc., the distance per cell will get messed up and produce a value of 50.

This has to do with the german language setting, as in german, the "." only separates the thousands, not the decimals, which causes issues, as maptool still try to apply/override the english value on the german setting.

The workaround would be, of course, to change language settings to english, but since we have the german language on maptools up and running..

On a side note: This seems to be a bug as well in 1.3xx but got fixed in 1.4xx.

Thank you very much for discussing this topic (aka allowing me to move it to the bug report section).
Keep up the awesome work!
Chris

Phergus
Deity

Re: Distance per Cell bug with german language

Post by Phergus »

Welcome Chris!

Thanks for the report.

If I set the Language in MapTool to German and restart I am able to put in "5,0" and MapTool then reports movement correctly. Is that not working for you?

sir_chris666
Kobold

Post by sir_chris666 »

Thanks! :)

Good idea. it actually works, if you create a new map and use "," for the Distance per cell. But you cannot override a "," in the interactions tabs of preferences and thus, you always have to manually change it when creating a new map.
Call it quality of life, but I know the missus, she will get furious, if she have to do it all the time :mrgreen:

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

We have a saying here, "Happy Wife, Happy Life".

So the Preferences insists in storing the Units per Cell value with a "." and then New Map displays/uses the wrong value unless you override it.

Sounds like a bug. :)

At least there is a workaround. :oops:

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Bug report filed on GitHub:

https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/issues/507

Make comments or corrections there or post here.

Return to “Bug Reports”