[BUG 1.6.1] Token Copy & Paste Doesn't Retain Size Between Maps

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
RevenantBob
Cave Troll

[BUG 1.6.1] Token Copy & Paste Doesn't Retain Size Between Maps

Post by RevenantBob »

Set a token to a size like Humongous on one map and try to copy it and paste it on another map. The size resets to Medium.

Merudo
Giant

Re: [BUG 1.6.1] Token Copy & Paste Doesn't Retain Size Between Maps

Post by Merudo »

I can't replicate. The size of the token is kept through copy & paste between maps.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Chances are it's because your pasting from a Hex map to a Square grid map and the size doesn't exist in Square grid.

RevenantBob
Cave Troll

Post by RevenantBob »

Phergus wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:31 am
Chances are it's because your pasting from a Hex map to a Square grid map and the size doesn't exist in Square grid.
Good catch. I see the cause. I went from a hex (flat top) to hex (pointed top) map, and this reset the size. Should it? I'm not certain now given the explanation. The size exists in both, I'll leave it here as a bug and someone can decide if it needs changing.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

It probably shouldn't change the size in that case. The footprints are rotated so the token facing would have to be changed.

Return to “Bug Reports”