[BUG 1.7.0] java.lang.NullPointerException error when attempting to use movedOverDrawing with a template made drawing

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
quantumqic
Kobold

[BUG 1.7.0] java.lang.NullPointerException error when attempting to use movedOverDrawing with a template made drawing

Post by quantumqic »

Steps to reproduce bug:
1. Make a template drawing using any shape (I tested using grid radius and cone) and name it "Fireball"
2. Make a macro using movedOverDrawing function, mine was:
[r: Position=getLastPath()]
<br/>
[r: fireball=findDrawings("Hub Map", "Fireball")]
<br/>
[r: movedOverDrawing("Hub Map",fireball,Position)]
3. impersonate token and have any path that isn't only on the origin of the template
4. get error: java.lang.NullPointerException error executing expression movedOverDrawing("Hub Map",fireball,Position)

If you do have a path that starts and ends on the origin of the template, you get something like:
[{"x":50,"y":-450}]
136170C791F844C191DE83E76D447B96
[]
which I believe is intended behavior since the path only has 1 position and automatically returns null.
Last edited by quantumqic on Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quantumqic
Kobold

Re: [BUG 1.7.0] java.lang.NullPointerException error when attempting to use movedOverDrawing with a template made drawin

Post by quantumqic »

I would really appreciate a fix for this since I want to use template drawings to be the base for spell macro interactions (imagine a radius template named fireball providing the area for a fireball interaction). Can't do that until this is a fixed issue.

Merudo
Giant

Re: [BUG 1.7.0] java.lang.NullPointerException error when attempting to use movedOverDrawing with a template made drawin

Post by Merudo »

Thanks for sharing the details about the bug. If you could open an issue on github about it, it would make it easier for devs to fix the issue.

Return to “Bug Reports”