[Maptool 1.7.0] getMoveCount returns -1

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
wyrmwood_lives
Cave Troll

[Maptool 1.7.0] getMoveCount returns -1

Post by wyrmwood_lives »

If you have AI Path-finding enabled, and a token moves through another token with it's Terrain Modifier set to BLOCK, to a space at least one cell away from the other token, the move count on the token displays 0 but when you drop the token, the move count in onTokenMove returned from getMoveCount is -1. If you drop the token in the adjacent square just on the other side, it still displays 0 but is 5 (not 10). his occurs because there is no valid path. For example, in a 5' corridor with VBL/MBL.

This doesn't seem very useful :-) If it was always -1, you could deny move. However, the discrepancy between the displayed number, the actual move count and what it would be if you did not have block on the other token (the correct move count), makes this difficult to account for.

wyrmwood_lives
Cave Troll

Re: [Maptool 1.7.0] getMoveCount returns -1

Post by wyrmwood_lives »

After extensive testing, I have found that AI Pathfinding works very well with MBL/VBL. However, the results are indeterminate for tokens with BLOCK set. For my purposes, block is not correct for all situations anyway, so simply leaving it off and handling blocking in onTokenMove works well. However, the AI Pathfinding around a token with BLOCK does not perform as expected. Please move this over to bugs.

Return to “Bug Reports”