[1.3b50] Duplicate token numbering

Confirmed bugs should get a single post here. Check the READ ME FIRST sticky thread for the format.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Forum rules
Posts that do not conform to the READ ME FIRST sticky thread are subject to deletion.
Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: [1.3b50] Duplicate token numbering

Post by Azhrei »

So if they see "Column 8" in the notes but can only visually see 4 columns, you don't have a problem with that?

Interesting...

In any case, it sounds like some folks will want and some won't. Does that mean another checkbox? ;)

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

No, I don't have a problem with that. Not really concerned about meta-gaming off of column numbers.

The UI clearly labels the controls as applying to Tokens only. Add a checkbox to both object and background saying "Use Token Numbering". Then you'll be able to have randomly numbered forks for your games.

galneweinhaw
Dragon

Post by galneweinhaw »

Dang... I just reproduced this accidently while making a map.

Confirmed error on the Token layer. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what I did to get it to happen, as it has been working for me every other time. I'll try to investigate further.
galneweinhaw = galileo newton einstein hawking

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Was it perhaps a "token" that had started life on a different layer? (Don't know why that would matter however.)

galneweinhaw
Dragon

Post by galneweinhaw »

Can't check now, but I think it was a token that I pulled in from windows explorer, as opposed to from within the maptool directory.
galneweinhaw = galileo newton einstein hawking

hyperactiveChipmunk
Cave Troll

Post by hyperactiveChipmunk »

galneweinhaw wrote:Can't check now, but I think it was a token that I pulled in from windows explorer, as opposed to from within the maptool directory.

I can cross that out as a possibile underlying cause. I get the same bug in Linux, and I've never used external drag/drop.

-hC

Return to “Bug Reports”