[1.3b61] Default width for macro buttons

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Brigand
Read-only User

[1.3b61] Default width for macro buttons

Post by Brigand »

Add a client side preference to set the default width of macro buttons.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: [1.3b61] Default width for macro buttons

Post by Azhrei »

I'm not really sure this is the place to put it.

If we make it client-side, then no matter what the GM puts into the buttons the client will override and make it look terrible. (That's a user's job after all. ;))

It shouldn't be forced upon players though as those with low resolution displays may prefer as small a size as possible even if the button don't necessarily look good.

My preference would be for the button to have a "preferred width" that could be overridden by using a <div> tag with appropriate style attribute, or via a user-defined stylesheet.

Since user-defined stylesheets are needed for a variety of other things, that's probably the way to go with it...

Brigand
Read-only User

Re: [1.3b61] Default width for macro buttons

Post by Brigand »

No div tags, nothing else. Too complex. Simple, client side option to make a default width for buttons. Not a mandated width, just a default width when you make the button.

As in, I right click, create macro, and boom... I get a blank button X width. X being what I set in client side preferences.

Return to “Feature Requests”