[1.3b63] Half-Vision blocking line tool

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Teksura
Kobold

[1.3b63] Half-Vision blocking line tool

Post by Teksura »

When I make maps using vision blocking layers, I like to line the edges of my walls with them to mark them as... the edge of the wall for the purpose of vision. However, this always leads to situations where the wall itself never gets revealed unless I manually reveal it. So, if I want my players to be able to see a stonework texture I selected for the wall, rather than the black fog of war, I have to either constantly switch into Fog of War tools and reveal the walls as I go along, or use thin lines down the middle of the wall, which doesn't get the vision blocking effect I was hoping for.

I suggest a sort of "Half vision blocking line" tool. Vision will be able to pass through the first half vision blocking layer it finds, but will be stopped at the second one. This way, a GM can simply draw along the outside of objects that block vision, and the players can see the entire object from wherever they are standing.

Return to “Feature Requests”