[1.3b87] isFullScreen()

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

[1.3b87] isFullScreen()

Post by wolph42 »

The request is simple:
a function e.g. isFullScreen() that returns a boolean value 1 if the current client is in full screen mode and 0 when not.

For what purpose. Alhtough I can imagine more...

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: [1.3b87] isFullScreen()

Post by Azhrei »

Well, it's easy enough to add another boolean to the results of Wiki: getInfo() when passed the string "client". It's simple and doesn't require a new function and I'd even consider it a bug fix (since some existing data was accidentally left out of the returned data :)).

I'll add it.

Edit: committed as SVN rev 5895.

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

It'd also be nice to have certain windows (I guess they are called frames?) visible in fullscreen mode, especially the initiative window.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Cherno wrote:It'd also be nice to have certain windows (I guess they are called frames?) visible in fullscreen mode, especially the initiative window.
I think that will be too invasive, so it will be a 1.4 or later thing.

But good news that that bool makes it in!

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

@Cherno not possible, at least without writing in a lot of code. What happens in full screen mode (FSM) is that the MapTool frame is hidden while the map area is re-sized to fill the screen.

MapTool employs a docking scheme for its frames, which means all its frames are its "children". Hiding it means also hiding its dependents. To accomplish what you desire, every frame would need to be recreated either as dependents of the map area or standalone frames. This will result in the frames now being visible like the layer selection dialog that's still available in FSM. Lastly, handling code would need to be put in to take care of any changes made to the frames in FSM so that the original, hidden frames also reflect these changes once a user leaves FSM.

Return to “Feature Requests”