[FREQ] Static Token ID's.

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

taustinoc
Dragon

Re: [FREQ] Static Token ID's.

Post by taustinoc »

If I understand correctly, instead of cut and paste to force a new ID, you would copy, paste, then delete the original. Otherwise, copy and paste would duplicate the ID, which would be . . . bad.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

As it stands now, for 1.5.5, Cut/Paste keeps the ID and Copy/Paste generates a new ID.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Phergus wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:52 am
As it stands now, for 1.5.5, Cut/Paste keeps the ID and Copy/Paste generates a new ID.
Makes sense. Though I suspect it'll be one of those things that we'll be telling people about repeatedly when they find that they don't function the same... any chance a tool-tip could be added to the cut/copy of the context menu telling people:

Cut: Keeps existing Token ID on Paste.
Copy: Creates new Token ID on Paste.

And keep in mind the incentives for the user: Copy-Paste is incentivized because it feels "safer". But now Cut-Paste is incentivized because it will retain ID. I hope this isn't incentivizing people to take "riskier" behaviour. ;)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Full Bleed wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:12 am
any chance a tool-tip could be added to the cut/copy of the context menu telling people:

Cut: Keeps existing Token ID on Paste.
Copy: Creates new Token ID on Paste.
Probably not a bad idea.
Full Bleed wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:12 am
And keep in mind the incentives for the user: Copy-Paste is incentivized because it feels "safer". But now Cut-Paste is incentivized because it will retain ID. I hope this isn't incentivizing people to take "riskier" behaviour. ;)
Heh. No guts, no glory. :wink:

Return to “Feature Requests”