Improve Token contextual menus

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

bobifle
Giant

Improve Token contextual menus

Post by bobifle »

I'd love to see a way to configure token contextual menus. This would improve the Quality Of Life during sessions.
Currently the menu pops with so many options, that it's hard to find the one you're looking for (may vary from one framework to another).

It would be great to have customizable contextual menu per token. Each token could record for instance the list of items it wants to filter in or out. Hitting CTRL+rightclik would display all available items unfiltered.

While you may want a per token configuration, you will also probably apply the same set of menus for a bunch of tokens. Having campaign menu filters would help a lot. That probably would be the actual first step to implement.

Others have mentioned also different menu sets depending on the token ownership, player or gm.

Finally some graphical UI improvements could be made (contextual menus à la R20), but I guess it will have to wait MT2 and JFX anyway, and to me it's out of this feature request scope.

The hIgh level objective would be to use more contextual menus, less space eating "selection window".

Phergus
Deity

Re: Improve Token contextual menus

Post by Phergus »

Most, if not all, of this will be targeted for MT 2.0.

Return to “Feature Requests”