Notifications

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Altrunchen
Giant

Notifications

Post by Altrunchen »

Normally I dislike it when an application wants to send me notifications on my desktop. But Maptools is the rare exception for me.

It might be a few minutes between player posts and responses so I sometimes like to tab over to other things while I wait for the next post.

It used to be that the icon would flash with blue when you had a post waiting, but not anymore.

At the very least an option to restore this functionality would be greatly appreciated. To say nothing of a notification system.

Merudo
Giant

Re: Notifications

Post by Merudo »

It should be working. Maybe you disabled it in preferences by accident?

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

In testing with 1.5.6, it does, indeed, flash. However . . .

With default settings, it flashes a fairly dark blue around the gear icon in the task bar. This is perfectly fine on Windows 7, where the task bar is (by default) a fairly light gray, but on Windows 10, the task bar is (by default) black, and it's nearly indistinguishable. I literally can't tell if it's flashing if my eyes are more than about a foot from the screen, the colors are so close.

(Also, I don't actually see an option under preferences to turn the notifications off, but that's probably me.)

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Nothing about the chat notification has changed within MapTool in a very long time. MT 1.5.6 works exactly the same as 1.4.1.8 and 1.4.0.5 and so on.

The default Windows 10 color scheme probably make it harder to see on cheap or poorly adjusted monitors so a different flash setup that works for light or dark color schemes is needed.

https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/issues/804

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

The flash notification was changed to use alternating colors and should be more visible now.

MapTool 1.5.7 rc.2 is available for download for those that want to test it.

Return to “Feature Requests”