Feature Request - Fog of war update

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Dracarius
Kobold

Feature Request - Fog of war update

Post by Dracarius »

I have a few high res maps for Dungeon of the Mad Mage. The current Fog tools work ok, but I was having an issue with some pin-point accuracy that I would have liked a bit of a different option for.

I'd like to see a brush set type of thing. For instance a round circle or square that I can choose a size of, click, hold and drag, and as I drag the fog is removed. Sort of similar to how the eraser works in paint. (yeah, I went there) :)

It might also be cool to see an option where I can remove FOG on the GMs screen and then have an update button so when I get my FOG removed the way I want, it will update, on the players side, only after I hit said button. This would be a selectable option as not everyone will use it, or it may only need to be used from time to time.

That's all I got that I thought might make things a bit easier to use. I'm still a newbie and still learning. This software was a great find and I'm glad it works across a LAN.

Phergus
Deity

Re: Feature Request - Fog of war update

Post by Phergus »

Dracarius wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:55 pm
It might also be cool to see an option where I can remove FOG on the GMs screen and then have an update button so when I get my FOG removed the way I want, it will update, on the players side, only after I hit said button.
That's an interesting idea.

We have some other FoW work coming out in the near future that may help with the other part.

Return to “Feature Requests”