Chat Token instead of Character Picture

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Darelius
Cave Troll

Chat Token instead of Character Picture

Post by Darelius »

I dont know, if its a Bug or a feature, so i post it here.

All about the Chat Avatar!

When its avtivated, it shows the Portrait, if exist, instead of the Token (what will fit far beter in the Chat). So it there an option to change that permanently or otherwise in the Options?

...DX

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Chat Token instead of Character Picture

Post by aliasmask »

Never noticed that. Not sure if that's a bug, recent change or has always been like that.

But if you're going to impersonate a token and it shows the image in the impersonation, imo that should be the image that is shown in chat. But you're right, it shows the portrait rather than the token image. Size is 40x40(?) in either case though. There was a recent change in 1.7 to chat, maybe it was done then. You can go to Github and post a bug report or a feature request to allow for the token image to put in to chat when there is a portrait image. This could be a preferences setting or clicking the impersonated image could toggle between images.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Been that way since at least 1.3.

Darelius
Cave Troll

Post by Darelius »

aliasmask wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 6:23 pm
Never noticed that. Not sure if that's a bug, recent change or has always been like that.

But if you're going to impersonate a token and it shows the image in the impersonation, imo that should be the image that is shown in chat. But you're right, it shows the portrait rather than the token image. Size is 40x40(?) in either case though. There was a recent change in 1.7 to chat, maybe it was done then. You can go to Github and post a bug report or a feature request to allow for the token image to put in to chat when there is a portrait image. This could be a preferences setting or clicking the impersonated image could toggle between images.
Whatever (or wherever) Github is, i posted it here, that should be enough, i thought.

...DX

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I submitted feature request on your behalf.

https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/issues/1934

Darelius
Cave Troll

Post by Darelius »

aliasmask wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:39 am
I submitted feature request on your behalf.

https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/issues/1934
Thank you for it!

...DX

Return to “Feature Requests”