Allow removal of drawings through macro function

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

quantumqic
Kobold

Allow removal of drawings through macro function

Post by quantumqic »

I am using maptool 1.7.0.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why this isn't already an available function since you can do almost everything else you want with drawing through macros besides create them.

I'm hoping to let my players create a drawing (say 20ft radius), label it (say Fireball), click a macro to cast a spell on that area with that name (again Fireball), and then remove the drawing so the map stays clean after (if it needs removing). Unfortunately I cannot remove the drawing in the macro even though I have the name and drawing ID.

If someone has a better solution to my goals then let me know but I feel like this is the cleanest for players intuitively to use.

bubblobill
Giant

Re: Allow removal of drawings through macro function

Post by bubblobill »

Not ideal but you could set the drawing opacity to 0 in the interim.
Bubblobill on the forum.
@Reverend on the MapTool Discord Server

Responsible for less atrocities than most... I do accept responsibility for these though: SmartDoors, Simple d20 Framework - barebones, Drop-in: All 3.5 SRD Monsters, Drop in: Simple Character Editor, Battletech Framework

quantumqic
Kobold

Re: Allow removal of drawings through macro function

Post by quantumqic »

by bubblobill » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:14 pm

Not ideal but you could set the drawing opacity to 0 in the interim.
Yeah opacity setting was one of my first solutions. I tried that originally but it's quite clunky and it means it clutters up the draw explorer quite a bit if this is happening more than twice. I think if I can't get a function to do this then I would probably just move the drawings to the hidden layer and remove them by hand myself so they at least don't clutter up the player experience.

Return to “Feature Requests”