Limited VBL on Objects

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Lord Crisp
Kobold

Limited VBL on Objects

Post by Lord Crisp »

Hey there.
Thanks for making this great tool for us to use.

I'm just writing to suggest an option to set the VBL to block only a certain range, or even better set a height for the FOW to calculate visibility from automatically.

The option of having for example NPCs hiding behind a flipped table would be amazing. Sure we could block the vision entirely, but it doesn't make sense that you can't see the wall 20 feet behind the flipped table if it's only maybe 3foot tall.

I know the height version takes more advanced systems, but it would be amazing, if MapTool knew it would block less vision behind the table, the closer you were to it...

But setting a firm radius for it to block would be okay too.

In any case... thanks for this great tool for GMs :D

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Limited VBL on Objects

Post by wolph42 »

Hi Welcome to the maptool forum. I would suggest you consider using Discord as most of us moved to there (link in sig).

Concerning your VBL request, you basically talking about Elevation icw VBL and I think if I collect all the discussion on that topic it would make a good book. This thing IS under consideration, but, as always, the devil's in the details. So far no knot has been cut on this topic...

Return to “Feature Requests”