[1.3b55] Clickabe links in object "Notes" popup

If you have an idea for a new feature, please discuss it in the main MapTool forum first, then post a summary of the discussion here. Use the first Sticky as a template.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

mccord42
Cave Troll

[1.3b55] Clickabe links in object "Notes" popup

Post by mccord42 »

As you can see in my attached image, links are already displayed in the Notes popup but they are not clickable. would it be possible to make the popup more interactive? Allowing for clicking on the links? This would allow for putting macrolinks in and allow for interactive objects. I am imagining doors or cave entrances that you can "open" and using moveTokenToMap would move the players to the correct map for the interior/exterior of buildings or other floors. There are also many other uses I can think of for "interactive" objects like this as well but this one seemed to be a way to do something that has been requested for a long time in many ways.
Screenshot-MapTool - [Default]  - Grasslands.jpg
Screenshot-MapTool - [Default] - Grasslands.jpg (85.91 KiB) Viewed 818 times

mccord42
Cave Troll

Re: [1.3b55] Clickabe links in object "Notes" popup

Post by mccord42 »

I just had a player ask me about something that would be easily done with this feature so I thought I would bump this back up.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yeah, this would be nice. I've had quite a few times when this would be VERY helpful.

For example, I'd like to put secret door objects on the Hidden layer, then include a link in the notes that would execute a macro and run skill checks for all PCs on the map. I can do this with a macro on the secret door object, but then I have to switch to the Hidden layer, the Selection panel, run the macro, then switch layers back to Token. :(

And that's just one example...

mccord42
Cave Troll

Post by mccord42 »

I just wanted to bump this up to keep people thinking about it. I've recently run into a few more instances where it would really be useful.

Raoden
Dragon

Post by Raoden »

As long as we're dreaming of inserting more Listeners into MapTool, I'd also like clickable links in Input() windows. :mrgreen:
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
- G. K. Chesterton

Wonderful HTML/CSS reference * Color Manager * Token Manager 2.0

Mathemagician
Dragon

Post by Mathemagician »

A similar effect can be achieved by making a docked frame, and updating it with your link data on mouseover.

Relevant stuff:
Have a Lib:Link token with a macro "Update Link Frame" that has the following code:

Code: Select all

[frame("Link Frame"):{

<a href=[r: macro.args]>[r:macro.args] </a>

}]
And add these to your campaign properties:

Code: Select all

Link
*LinkAutoRollOver:[MACRO("Update Link Frame@Lib:Link"):Link]
On the link field of a token, you store a link with http:// in front, eg: http://www.rptools.net

When you mouse over the token, a frame will pop up with that link, clicking the link will launch your web-browser, I recommend putting it near where your statsheet pops up, and pretend it is there :) If you never close the frame, the frame will just update with the new links as you roll over different tokens, it won't move around on you.

I've attached a campaign file with an example of this.
Attachments
links.cmpgn
(164.09 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

Return to “Feature Requests”