[1.3b56] PC can jump to non-Token layers via Init window

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

Zack
Kobold

[1.3b56] PC can jump to non-Token layers via Init window

Post by Zack »

By double-clicking on a token in the MapTool Initiative window that is currently on the Hidden layer, the user's view is moved to the token's location and the token is selected (though the user cannot see the token or selection box). Furthermore, the user's cursor is now on the Hidden layer and since they don't get the floating layer window that GM's get, they can only return to the Token layer by double-clicking a Token layer token in the Initiative window.

This also occurs for tokens in the Initiative window that are on the Object or Background layers, and once on those layers, the user can then select and manipulate tokens (like background terrain) on those layers. Users cannot select anything (other than the auto-selection from the initial double-click) on the Hidden layer.

Correct behavior should probably prevent the selection and zoom by non-GMs to tokens not on the Token layer. In addition, it should probably not be possible for a PC to enter the Background, Object, or Hidden layers by any means (if others exist).

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: [1.3b56] PC can jump to non-Token layers via Init window

Post by Azhrei »

Yep, already reported. IIRC, it's also been fixed already, too.

Zack
Kobold

Post by Zack »

I can't find a duplicate bug with the search term "init". Are you sure it's been reported?

(Is there somewhere other than the MapTool - Bug Reports forum I should check before posting a bug by the way?)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

You're right -- I couldn't find it either with a quick search. :(

I know it was discussed because the thread was based on double-clicking an icon in the init panel when Owner Permissions were turned on, even if the token wasn't on the Token layer (meaning Hidden, Object, or Background instead).

So we'll just use this thread as the bug report. ;)

Good job! And thanks for reporting it!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Fixed for 1.3b59
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Resolved”