[1.3.b56] NumberFormatException for grid offset with "-"

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice, MapTool BugReport Manager

dragonwolf
Kobold

[1.3.b56] NumberFormatException for grid offset with "-"

Post by dragonwolf »

Found an old reference when searching (grid offset negative) - Original discussion here: Old Reference about issue

When using Adjust Grid and trying to set an offset to a negative value using the keyboard, an exception is thrown. Entering the minus sign causes the exception. Using the mouse to drag the grid around seems to work fine and the offset values can contain negative numbers that way. If I then go and backspace on the value in one of the offset fields so just the minus sign is left, the exception is thrown that way as well. Looks like the validation of the field needs some tweaking.
Attachments
GridOffsetException.JPG
GridOffsetException.JPG (199.23 KiB) Viewed 4813 times

Phergus
Deity

Re: [1.3.b56] NumberFormatException for grid offset with "-"

Post by Phergus »

The problem isn't setting a negative gird offset. It is clearing the field and then entering the minus sign (or a period) first.

MT evaluates the input with each character entered so that you can see the effect immediately.

As a workaround you enter a number first and then put the negative sign in front. Or recognize that a negative offset has an equivalent positive offset and use that.

dragonwolf
Kobold

Post by dragonwolf »

Yep, it's easy enough to work around. I haven't messed with Java for 10 years or so, been mostly c++ until about 6 months ago when I started c#, but it should also be pretty easy to fix I would think. If a minus or plus is entered, then ignore them for a few seconds giving the chance for a number to be entered. If no number is entered, then pop a dialog stating a valid number has to be entered.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Fixed for 1.3b59
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Resolved”